Terms and conditions
- General eligibility conditions
- Course participants must be 16 years of age and
- Payment terms
- Online course fees are payable upon registration. They can be paid by credit card (Visa/MC), Interac or with
- A place in a course is only guaranteed once full payment for group/partial for private lessons only, of the course fee has been received.
- Promotional course fees (promo code or limited time offer)
The course fees advertised in promotion for a session on the ALC Montreal website are the only valid fees.
- Promotional classes (group):
- Cancellation: 5 working days before the start of the course:
Reimbursement of the amount collected minus $55 Registration fee.
- 4 days or less and once the course has started: no refund
- Refunds and Cancellation Fees at Regular Rates
- In the event of cancellation of an online / face-to-face course by ALC Montreal, students are entitled to a full refund of
- In the event of cancellation of an online / face-to-face course by the student before the start of the session:
-7 working days or more before the start date of the session no penalty on course fees will be applied, however the registration fee of $55 is non-refundable.
-6 to 2 working days before the start of the session of the file fees
of $150 will be deducted from the refundable amount paid (registration fees included)
- The day before the start of the session: 1 week of group lessons / private hours planned for the first week + 10% penalty on the total amount of the invoice + registration fees will be invoiced and non-refundable.
4.3 After the start date of the session / on the same day
All lessons between the first day of the session and the day of receipt of the cancellation in writing must be paid (calculated at the rate per hour for private lessons) Important: The cancellation in writing must include all the documents required according to the student status .. The courses in which the student is registered, included between the start date of the course and the date of receipt of his cancellation in writing must be paid (calculated hourly rate for private lessons). Any reduction granted on course fees at the time of registration will not be taken into consideration in the event of
cancellation. In case of cancellation the regular hourly rate for private lessons (see invoice), will be invoiced and considered as the base rate for the cancellation procedure. If necessary, the registered person will have to pay additional costs. A penalty of 10% administration fees or ($50 if the fees exceed this amount) will be applied to the balance to be refunded. The $55 registration fee payable upon registration is non-refundable, if applicable. They will be applied in case
cancellation of a course on promotion.
All cancellations must be made in writing and sent by email to
- Ranking / Class size
- Classification is done using a classification test by ALC Montreal online
- With the exception of individual lessons and small groups for specific lessons. Our courses have a maximum of 8 If a minimum of 3 students is not registered before the start of a course, ALC Montreal reserves the right to transform the course into
semi-private class (2 people) or private class (1 person) at no additional cost to the group rate initially offered to the student at the regular rate.
5.3 In the event of a promotional rate, (programs offered at a discount for a fixed period – promo code or instant discount) ALC Montreal reserves the right to cancel the course if the number of participants is less than 4 or to reduce the course hours of the program while offering the same course curriculum
- Student obligations
Students are required to respect the course rules and the internal rules in force at ALC Montreal.
Students must provide proof of their status in Canada at the time of registration.
If the course confirmation letter given by ALC Montreal to the student is used for visa purposes, the student must provide written proof of visa refusal at the time of cancellation. otherwise the file cannot be processed.
- Liability of ALC Montreal / Case of Force Majeure
The liability of ALC Montreal and its employees is limited to premeditation and gross negligence.
ALC Montreal is not responsible for the cancellation of its language services in the event of force majeure.