Registration procedure :
Age requirement: 18 years old at the time of registration (16 years old with parental consent).
Complete the registration form and send it to us as soon as possible. Count 2 to 3 working days to receive from us the confirmation of reservation as well as an invoice of the amount of the courses which you wish to follow.
Upon receipt of this invoice, you will need to follow the terms of payment. Once ALC has received your payment, you will receive your confirmation of registration for the program you have chosen.
If you decide to pay when registering online, you will receive confirmation attached to your paid invoice. In case of error and/or omission of an amount, you will have to settle the difference before we can send your confirmation and/or your LOA according to the requested visa. In the event of a student visa application, 50% of the amount of the course is required at the time of registration.
Depending on the date on which you register for ALC , you will have to pay part or all of the costs relating to the program chosen after receipt of the invoice.
For foreign nationals requiring a Letter of Acceptance from our school, the Letter of Acceptance fee of $100 is non-refundable under any circumstances.
Whether ALC is in charge of helping you fill out the forms necessary to obtain your visa or whether you are carrying out these administrative procedures yourself, you must send a copy of your visa confirmation to ALC as soon as you receive it . have received.
It is important to read the visa requirements carefully and to fill in the forms correctly. We are at your entire disposal to explain to you, if necessary, all the conditions that you must meet in order for the Government of Canada to issue you your visa. It is therefore important that you do not make any changes after initiating the procedures with the responsible authorities and that you give clear and precise information.
No refund will be granted after obtaining the visa.
It is strongly advised to take out travel insurance in your country as well as health insurance. In the event of a student visa application, ALC will automatically charge for health insurance at CAN$2.00/day.
Cancellation, Refund and Payment Policy
Classes must be paid for at the time of registration or no later than 7 days before the start of classes. Payment facilities can only be accepted in special cases after prior agreement from management.
ALC Course Registration Fee in the amount of $150 is non-refundable in the event of withdrawal on your part. Fees for course materials vary according to the length and level of your course and are non-refundable after you have taken possession of them.
If the student does not have health insurance ALC will contract one in his name the day of his arrival at the academy for a rate of $2.00/day.
At the time of registration in the event of a student visa application.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN AFTER VISA IS OBTAINED
No cancellation or refund request will be considered without written notice from the learner.
Cancellation before the start of the course
If the written cancellation reaches the Académie Charlemagne before the start of the course:
- 7 days or more of the calendar before the start of the course 100% of the amount of the course will be refunded.
- Between 1 and 6 calendar days before the start of the course 90% of the amount of the course will be refunded.
- On the day of the start of the course, the courses scheduled to date will not be reimbursed. Only the amount equivalent to the remaining lesson hours will be reimbursed – 10% according to the regulations in force.
Cancellation after the start of the course
All lessons taken will be charged. The rest will be refunded.
If the student has completed:
- 10% or less of his lessons: reimbursement of 80% of the amount of the lessons.
- 11% to 29% of its lessons: 50% of the amount of the lessons will be reimbursed.
- 30% and more of his lessons: no refund.
Course change conditions
- A course change requested no later than 7 days before the start of the course will be considered as a re-registration. The reserved lessons will be canceled and a new reservation will be made at the price of the first lesson reservation or at a higher cost according to the modification of the program.
- A course change requested 6 days before the start of the course is not possible.
- A course change can only be made for the next course entry date depending on the program chosen and the availability of places in the class and level adapted to the student.
- No refund will be made when the change of course is made for a less intensive course: the duration of a less intensive course cannot be longer than that of the first reservation.
Any student wishing to switch from a group lesson to a private lesson cannot transfer the credit of the remaining group lessons to the amount of the group lesson; in this case the group hours will be at his expense and the private lesson will be invoiced in full.
Under no circumstances is it possible to transfer course amounts from one program to another.
The Charlemagne Linguistic Academy reserves the right to reduce group lessons by half if there are less than 3 people in the group so as not to completely cancel the course.
Cancellation and refund procedures
Any refund request must be made in writing and sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org . The request must clearly state the reasons for the cancellation. The refunded amount will be paid to you by check and mailed or by bank transfer within 6 to 8 weeks.
Exceptional measures concerning foreign students
In the event that you cannot take part in your program due to one of the situations mentioned below, a partial refund may be granted to you.
To do this, in addition to receiving your written request by email to email@example.com explaining the reasons for the cancellation, you must send us written proof from the institution or professional concerned:
- In case of illness: send us a certificate from the attending physician
- In case of refusal to obtain a Visa: send us the letter of refusal
- In case of delay in obtaining the Visa: send us the letter of delay
We reserve the right to verify the proof(s) that you have sent to us before notifying you of our decision.
If you are unable to provide us with one of the proofs mentioned above, no refund can be granted to you.
Cancellation of a private lesson
A private lesson can be canceled and postponed provided that the student calls ALC before 3:00 p.m. the day before the lesson and not the teacher , except for which it will be invoiced. The course must be made up within two weeks of said cancellation. Otherwise it will be charged even if you did not show up for the lessons.
Group: A group lesson cannot be canceled individually or made up.