Official TEF Professional Test
ALC is a center approved by the CCIP since 2013
The CCIP TEF is required by the ICCRC for professionals in order to obtain their accreditation as Immigration Consultants. TEF professional = consultant in immigration or other professional sector.
The TEF takes place online, in electronic format, or in paper format in certain approved centers. No prior diploma is required to take the exam. The candidate must be over 16 years old.
The objective of the TEF
The objective of the TEF is to assess the candidate's French skills using a scale of 7 levels which extend from level 0+ (most basic skills) to level 6 (complete mastery). This scale refers to:
- 6 A1 competency levels at C2 of the Council of Europe's Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)
- 12 Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB)
Basic TEF QCM (CO –L & S-CE) mandatory
- Oral comprehension: 40 min - 60 questions
- Glossary and structure: 30 min - 40 questions
- Reading comprehension: 60 min - 50 questions
+ 1 an optional test of your choice
- Oral expression (EO) 15 min - 2 subjects to be treated - 450 points
- Written expression (EE) 60 min - 2 subjects to be covered - 450 points